Monday, July 13, 2009

translators at Chayvo during construction of Sakhalin 1

Svetlana celebrating her birthday in the Veco office and sharing the cake with the surveyors. Svetlana worked as Veco interpreter for many rotations and helped the expats immensely
Anastatia and Veronika

Staas was my interpreter for a couple rotations in Chayvo. I learned a great deal of local history from Stan and he taught me to count to one hundred in Russian which was a small miracle. He was always cheerful and a joy to be around.


Natasha was my translator during construction of the TEG building. When the sun sank low beneath the pipe rack she wanted a photo of herself holding the sun. She sings and plays guitar too!



2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, Veronika again! And Anastasia! It brings me back to these good old times!

Bludshotiiiiis said...

yes Annie those were good times!