Thursday, July 9, 2009

hot water heater on the train

Somebody asked me about those prehistoric looking hot water heaters on the train. I too thought they looked like a contraption that perhaps Noah had salvaged from the Ark. Proof that they aren't was confirmed when a new car was added to the train, car number 9. Number 9, number 9...has a nice ring to it. Anyway, everything inside the car was brand new including the water heater. And guess what?? It looked just like the old water heaters. minus all the stains! So my conclusion is that Russian water heater technology hasn't changed since about 1810. Why change something thats functioning perfectly?

4 comments:

Annie said...

LOL! That is true! "Why do we have to reinvent a wheel if we already have one?" :)

Bludshotiiiiis said...

true Annie, I thought those were so cool looking and when I saw the new one exactly like the old one I was so happy. Always had tea on the train!

Annie said...

Dunno, I an still afraid to use water like this for drinking... But as you are still alright and healthy, I think I should give it a try

Bludshotiiiiis said...

hahahaha! I never thought about the quality of water!!I'm still alive so Annie go ahead and enjoy a nice hot tea! :-)